According to the Higher Education Act of the State of Schleswig-Holstein (§ 74, Paragraph 2, Sentence 3), it is provided that students may be exempted from the obligation to pay portions of the student body contribution under certain conditions. The student body at the European University of Flensburg has taken this into account in the contribution statutes.
Bitte prüft vor Antragstellung, ob Ihr wirklich antragsberechtigt seid!
Die Antragsformulare findet Ihr am Ende dieser Seite nach den Informationen zu den Befreiungsgründen. / You find the application forms at the end of this page.
Excerpts from the contribution statutes:
§ 6 Exemption
(1) Upon application, full or partial exemption from the student body fee may be granted in cases of special social hardship upon presentation of appropriate proof.
(2) A special social hardship exists in particular if
1. the student alone or through a community of need receives unemployment benefit II, social welfare, basic security or benefits under the Asylum Seekers' Benefits Act; in particular, the relevant notification must be submitted, or
2. the student's parents receive a child supplement for the student according to § 6a BKGG or the student receives a child supplement according to § 6a BKGG for his or her own children, or
3. students have less than the requirement rate according to § 13 BAföG at their disposal and have no assets of more than 8,200 euros plus 2,300 euros for each own child, or
4. students are entitled to integration assistance according to SGB IX due to a disability and can claim additional needs according to SGB II, or
5. students receive housing benefit, or
6. in the case of students, there is another unreasonable burden resulting from the overall circumstances; economic reasons alone are not sufficient in this respect.
(3) In addition, the following shall be exempt from the contribution
1. students who, within the framework of a cooperation degree programme, are enrolled at the university in the semester in question but spend this semester at the other or one of the other partner universities, in particular in the case of so-called double degrees and trinationals, to the extent of all contribution components,
2. students pursuant to § 4 paragraph 5 number 2 of these Statutes to the extent of the contribution components relating to semester tickets.
(4) In addition, students may be fully or partially exempted in accordance with § 4 paragraph 5 number 1 of these Statutes if the token presented covers at least 15 weeks of the semester in question.
(5) The property allowance for own children pursuant to subsection 2 number 3 may only be claimed by one parent in full or by both parents in equal parts.
§ 7 Procedure for exemption
(1) The application form for exemption is available from the BAföG & Social Affairs student advisory service of the AStA. Applicants are obliged to truthfully declare their income and assets and to provide evidence of these with suitable documents, usually in the original.
(2) Applications for exemption from fees must be submitted to the AStA within the following deadlines:
1. In the case of first-time enrollment, no later than 4 weeks after the start of lectures.
2. in case of ongoing studies, no later than one month before the end of the deadline for re-enrollment for the coming semester.
(3) The application for exemption from contributions must be submitted by the person entitled to apply or by a person authorized to do so in writing, presenting the original documents of the required certificates and evidence. The AStA may accept copies of these documents.
(4) There is no legal entitlement to exemption from the student body fee, with the exception of cases under § 6 paragraph 3 of these statutes.
(5) If the budgetary resources available for the respective semester from the hardship fund pursuant to § 2 paragraph 2 sentence 3 of these Statutes are not sufficient, the AStA Executive Board shall draw on reserves to this extent, but by a maximum of 50% of the amount shown in the budget. The amount of the share pursuant to § 2 paragraph 2 sentence 3 of these Statutes shall be adjusted at the next possible opportunity. If an increase from reserves is also not sufficient to cover the entire amount or if there are insufficient reserves available for this purpose, the budget funds then available shall be divided among all approved applications in proportion to the respective exemption amount.
(6) An appeal against the negative decision may be lodged in writing with the AStA Executive Board within four weeks of notification of the decision.
Euer Antrag wird von der AStA Sozialberatung (StuBS) bearbeitet Kontakt: firstname.lastname@example.org / Your application is processed by AStA social couselling email@example.com
Please be sure to note the application deadlines:
- In the case of first-time enrollment, no later than 4 weeks after the start of lectures.
- im Falle eines laufenden Studiums spätestens einen Monat vor dem Ende der Frist zur Rückmeldung für das kommende Studiensemesters.